Friday, May 1, 2009

Open Season for Campers and Drivers on the way to Sooke Pot Holes....

Yup, it be that time of year again where I will see an influx of camper's, teen drivers and roll overs on my way to and from work, school and personal shopping on my road that I live on. With the weather warming up and Softball season opening and not to mention our biggest attraction that we have at the end of the road: The Sooke Pot Holes. A very popular place for teens and other weather fanatics and not to mention camper's. It is also a place where the R.C.M.P love to conduct Roadblocks for Drinking and Driving, Seatbuilt checks and Safety checks.


So Drivers beware. Make sure you have your papers handy and no forgotten Drivers licences - happened to me and other's that I know (and I live here!)....just driving to the corner store for cigarettes - why bring the wallet, right?

This blog entree is for people who are googling The Sooke Pot Holes and have come across my Blog. The PotHoles are somewhat over populated on the week-ends. But a very nice place to visit.

So here is some Road Block tips.

Nice weather - expect a Road Block and a delay of 20-30 minutes!! Yes it is that busy on our small road in the summer. Arrive early and if you are going to drink, please don't drive and have no open beers in the car (THEY LOVE THAT). Have everything ready to hand over to the R.C.M.P to make the flow faster for us all.

I have seen alot of accidents (a bad one not less then 100m from where I live not to long ago) on this road; alot of very sharp corners and the road gets very narrow towards the end when you start to get close the Pot Holes - Slowdown and watch out for people crossing the road. Have a good time.

2 comments:

Thomasso said...

Your post reminds me of some people I once knew who so desperately wanted to live out in the bush, but also needed to be close enough to civilization to enjoy all the amenities to live a comfortable lifestyle. When they found their paradise, it just so happened to the final destination of hundreds of others too--all because of a road improvements.

The police are just doing there, albeit they have found the best mouse trap to do it with. So now it is up to the mice to level the playing field and widen the bottle-neck called Sooke River Road.

JM said...

It would be very hard to widen the road. The land is maxed out. Anyways - I don't mind the road blocks all that much. Just a pain in the @#$$ when you have to go through them like 6 times in a day when they decide thay are going to stay for the whole day. They actually get mad at you for going through the road block so many times. And then I tell them that I live on the road and its not like I have any choice but to go through (things to do; people to visit) I love summer. Anyways, the private beach that we have makes up for it. The kids love it.