Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Interview went very well!!

Yesterday I had an interview with VIHA. (Vancouver Island Health Authority) and it went well. All have to do is hand in my last reference and I can start my orientation. YUPPIE!!!!!!

There is short story about how I got this interview and it only took six short weeks to get it. Two months ago I handed out 5 resumes. That's right, only 5. 3 resumes I e-mailed out and the other 2 I faxed. I got 3 invites for interviews. My very first interview as a Health care Assistant (We are no longer referred to as Resident Care Aide's) I was hired. My 2nd interview invite I turned down for personal reasons, but my 3rd interview invite I really, really, wanted. It was VIHA.

The Hiring Director and my self played phone tag for a week. And then she just stopped calling and so did I. I did not get my hopes up for working with VIHA, O.K, maybe just a little bit. O.K, maybe a lot. after all it is VIHA.

To make a short story even shorter, I eventually forgot about VIHA. And then out of the blue 2 weeks ago I got a message from the Hiring Director with VIHA. I was so excited. I dropped everything that I was doing. I Gave my kids chocolate to keep them quite so I could sit on the phone and go through one phone directory after another trying to locate this very, very important lady. After 10 minutes I found her. Oh she was so apologetic about not being able to meet with me and that it took so long for her to return my message. And then she said that she had to go and would call me back next week. Oh, my heart fell on the floor. I was stunned. I really didn't think that she would call me back. After all it had happened before. But she did call me back this time and we did sit up the interview and the interview did happen. And it went very well.

I am a little nervous about having two jobs. I will not be able to start work with VIHA until the end of October. My first job has booked me solid for the next 3 weeks. I don't mind, it is good for my wallet and I am getting the hours. But VIHA would be sooooooo much better for the my wallet. I would be making 6 dollars more then what I am getting now.

2 comments:

Thomasso said...

Sounds like you have a happy wallet too. Yay!

Funny how chocolate makes people happy. I'll keep that in mind when I need favours.

JM said...

My wallet is not so happy yet. I am just starting to have enough personal income to start digging my self out of my own personal hole.

It feels good to have money that is my own. I can't wait until I can start paying off my deptor's.

As for chocolate, I have lots of. Big D's mom sends lots of candy from Russia. Gooooood, very Goood for those chocolate days.
I will send some next shippment. If you want?