Friday, October 2, 2009

October is here....and so is fall

It has been pretty well one month since my last post and I am not sure were to start. For the past month I have been busy being a mom, not just any kind of mom, but a working mom. And I stress the working mom because being a working mom is very new to me. And looking back in the short years of being just a mom it had dawned on me how I had took for granted the luxury of being at home and not working.

Now that I am working and looking after my family...All I can say is that I am happy. I am starting to get my own income. It will never be as much as my other half, but it is my own. I think what I am feeling here is "liberation."

My daughter is in daycare for four days a week. Being that I am on call at the long term care facility 24 hour day, 365 days a year and that is including all holidays, I have decided that Monday will be my only day off in during the week.

Back to my daughter. She is loving daycare. She is so excited about it that she refers to daycare as school. She has her own little back sack that she call "rescue pack" (To much Dora the Explorer and Diego) and she is full of stories about her day. My son who is now in grade 5 is and doing good. He loves taking the school bus. Mostly because that is were he gets his Mp3 time. And he is already starting to get his own music interests. Linken Park seems to be his favorite.

Today, I am a little excited because I have a job interview with the Vancouver Island Health Authority. Being that I am on call atone job site, I will have times that I will go with out work for 5 - 6 days (I am on the bottom of the seniority ladder) Another job being on call would be nice. And to have my foot in the door with the Island's largest health authority for future advancement would make my new career worth wild.

No comments: