Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping, Camping, Camping

We just came back yesterday from our first camping trip this summer, and my family had a blast!!! With careful planning we did not forget that much stuff, however, I did forget knives, my daughter’s running shoes, and extra t-shirts for my son. (I didn’t expect him to jump into the ocean.) Other then those few things, we were on top of our camping list.

We went to a campground a 25 minutes North from Sooke called French Beach. At French Beach it was only $15.00 a night. Not to bad for camping rates. Some places around here a person can pay up to $25.00 a night. This site was large, so we had more then enough room for our gear and lots of space for the 4 of us. And the best part was we were lucky to have a fire. Most of the Island is on a fire ban. The fire was the best part of this camping trip. So we took advantage this and ate lots of wieners and marshmallows.

There is a walking trail to the ocean that we took advantage of too. The walk was only 10 minutes, but it took you to a beach were dogs were aloud to be off the leash, a playground for the kids and open fields to play Soccer, and enough bushes to have a game of Hide-and-Go Seek. It was a great couple of days. I only wish I didn’t forget my camera.

We are going camping again on our next payday and we are going to the Sooke Potholes, a 5 minute drive from our house. We made our reservations a month ago, and were told the camping there is supposed to really good. I will find out. This time I will remember the camera. I can’t wait.

No comments: