Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Invasion; GOT TO LOVE IT:-)

It has been almost a week since I made an entry, (not that anyone has been reading), but I have been somewhat busy these past few days. One of the things that summer brings along here in our sleepy little park is the influx of part time children belonging to part time fathers. 3 boys and 1 girl in my sons’ age group (8 – 12 years of age), so as one can imagine, this makes my children very happy and keeps me on my toes.

The one thing that a person needs to keep in mind about my nick of the wood is that my park is in the woods. And for the sake of the children we are on constant Cougar, and Bear watch. We do have a local Bear that we have nick named the Trail Bear, because he lives in somewhere within The Galloping Goose Trail. (Vancouver Island Regional Trail System for Recreation, our back yard!), the children are very mindful that he is around. It is the Cougar’s that we have to keep constant watch over. We had a sighting a two weeks ago at our local watering hole. But from the looks of things this big cat didn’t hang around. A good thing!

So we parents take turns with the kids. For example, the group of kids would have sleepover at one persons’ house, have breakfast at another house, the other house hold would take the kids the river for a swim. And we all take turns. If we parents are very lucky one the older kids will take our little swarm to the river and give us parents a break. However this is once in a blue moon and money is sometimes involved.

It is quite now; all the part time kids have gone home with promises of coming back. I can have nice quite break and prepare for the next invasion part-time kids. With this in mind, My family has decided that we are going to camping.
I just hope that sometime soon I can find time to complete my profile, and add some photo's to my Blog.

No comments: