Thursday, July 17, 2008

Canadian Poop

I was driving to work a couple days ago, when I heard interesting news broadcasted on our local rodeo channel. It was regarding Canadian Poop washing up on American beaches. I was so interested with what the news had to say about this that I had turn up the volume so I could drown out outside noises to hear better.

As it turns out some guy in the San Juan County, Washington, is running for mayor in some town and one of his promises to the people is to clean up the beaches in his area. His plan, if elected, is to press on Victoria, British Columbia, to stop pumping raw sewage into the ocean. This person had claimed to have a photo of Canadian Poop on an American beach.

Now my question is…How does he know that this washed up poop is Canadian? Did it have a Made in Canada stamp imprinted on it? Did come with a note From Canada to America with love? Why in gods name would anyone to take a photo of Poop to begin with!

But for the most part, it is true; Canadians are dirty people as a whole. We do pump raw sewage into the ocean. And we Canadians are slowly trying to stop that. Here in Sooke, we are building, I believe, Vancouver Islands’ first raw sewage treatment plant. It should be up and running in a couple of years. And the good news is to all of you fed up American’s is that there are talks of more treatment plants to come here in the Victoria area. So clap your hands and celebrate. It least I am. It is about time.

No comments: