Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A cat has to scratch; a dog has to @#$%!

Wow, my first Blog entry in what? Two weeks? I was having some problems with my computer and the host for my Blog. I couldn’t sign in at all. But it looks like the problem is fixed, until next time.

So as you can imagine, I have lots to say. So here I go.

I am currently in a dispute with one of my neighbors and it is regarding our animals. It is about my dog and their cat. It all started during the week-end when DM, my husband was working out side in our yard cutting tiles for the hearth for our new wood stove.
Because he was in and out of the house all morning, it was not a surprise that our dog got out. Sometime during this time period our dog had made a “surprise” on our neighbor’s yard. It was not until the next morning our neighbor had notice the “gift” and decided that he was going to talk to my husband about it. The conversation had gone far and well beyond scoop of the problem. I am surprised that my husband had sat trough the verbal abuse.

Our neighbor had proclaim that the next time he finds a “gift”, (and he will be looking for them) he will leave the “gift” on our front porch. Fair enough. But then he stated: “it is easy to blame the dog but then take a look at the owner.” Ouch! And then he went on about responsibility. After that conversation took place, I found my neighbors wife and reminded her about the property damage that their cat has caused and still causing to my fence in the front of my yard. I had talked to her about it some time ago and she proclaimed that they have no money to fix my post that her fuzzy hairball has been using for its personal scratching delights. The difference here is that they found “Poo” and preached animal responsibility to us; their cat is causing actual property damage and they have not taken any responsibility to remedy the situation. Later that same day I had asked him to take a look and my fence. He told me that cat’s scratch, that’s what they do. So other words they will not take responsibility for their animal.

The moral of story is “a cats got to scratch; a dog has to @#$%! So know they won’t talk to us and I really don’t feel bad about it. But when the time comes to replace my post (because it is looking really bad with cat scratches) and possibly of one panel of cedar fencing, they will replace the cost. After all it was their animal that caused the damage.

No comments: