Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Whole New Low......

My neighbor and his wife had hit an all time low with concerns to our dispute regarding our pets. I would have never figure them of all people would be the kind of people who would go out of there way to steal an animal to prove a point. Well in this case, I should say they tried to take an animal. They tried to take my dog!

I was on the phone with my friend when I just happened to look out my living room window when I noticed my neighbor’s wife holding a make-shift leash. She was standing in front of my house, across the small lane that we all share to get in and out of the park, and she was looking into my yard at my dog. She was holding the make-shift leash in the way that a person would before they would put the leash on a dog. If my dog was not tied up and if she didn’t notice me watching her, she would of called him over out of my yard to her and take him. I know that she had seen me watching her because she looked right at me and scurried back to her place. She had a few words with her husband who was out side chopping wood at the time, and then went back in side her house.

I told all of this to my husband and we agreed that the next time they try to do that, I am to talk to them about this with the RCMP present and start a file. He feels that our neighbors may not know that our dog is registered, not only because it is the law, but because of his pedigree. We paid a lot of money for him. It would cost a lot of money to replace him.

I am not the kind of person who would go out of my way to steal an animal or hurt it in any way because it is bothering me or damaging my property. I am not that low. For the time being, I need to patient and wait for their cat to scratch my post and get the photo that I need to take them to small claims court and fix my post. Cat owners need to responsible for their animals too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey--your back in action on the BLog! It's up and running.... great!

You are converting to wood for heat this year? I wish we could switch over here--natural gas and electricity are costing us way to much.

You should put a GPS collar or RFID Chip implant on your dog if your neighbours do try an steal him.

Sound like you are having fun over there?

Anonymous said...

The Superturtle Wants To Know If You Need Her Attack Rabbit Sent To You. Ps Put Carpet On Your Post.

JM said...

Commy aready has the RFID Chip implant. As for the GPS collar, that is a good idea. MOM! carpet would look awful on my already defaced post. Could I borrow your attack rabbit?