Thursday, September 25, 2008

It Was So Hot In My House.....

Every morning my husband wakes up at 5:30 a.m. and is out the door by 6:10 a.m. for work, and this morning was no different with his morning routine; however, there was one small difference, it was raining out side and cold in our house. So being the good man that he is, he had decided that he was going make a fire and decided that this fire should be a very hot fire so that when the children and my self wake up, we would be nice and warm.
I got out of bed to start my morning off with a nice cup of Joe (I like to try to get up before the kids do to have some quite time to my self) and when I walked into my kitchen, I almost died. Our house was so HOT. I looked at the thermostat and it was showing 81 degrees. That man had that stoked the fire so hot that all you could see from the wood stove was bright orange. It remined me of, and don't ask me why, 'Night Mare on Elm Street.' Needless to say, I spent my quite time out on my porch to drink my coffee and I dreaded going back in side to wake up my son to get him ready for school.
Anyways, to make a long blog short, My husband had called me from work on his lunch hour and asked me if it was warm enough in the house for me and the kids. I could hear him laughing on the other end of the phone.
I will be posting photo's of our new wood stove here pretty quick. I need to wait for my son to get out school tomorrow because he likes to take the photo's and up load them onto the blog. He decided that that's his job. Cute I know. (Wishing I could
make a smiley face here.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If The House Is Too Hot,Turn On The Air Conditionor, BC Hydro Will Love You. So Says Steppappy

JM said...

So does this mean I get to call you Steppappy now?

Anonymous said...

It Was A Lapse In Judgement, Besides Your Not A Redheaded Stepchild

Anonymous said...

....is there something I need to know here?