Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September

I would like to let every one who passes by my blog to know that September is a bitter - sweet moment in my life. Every time this year, I have to except the reality that my son is growing up – one year older academically. This year he starts grade 4. Next will be grade 5 and then after grade 5; a brand new school and the cycle begins again. A cycle that I hope will continue well after grade 12.

All the preparations that I have taken to make September work with ease have so far paid off. I have bought every thing that my little-big boy needs for this school year. All of his school supplies, new school cloths. (One must look great for the first day of school), A brand name back-pack - this year we went with Roots, new lunch box – Columbia, and indoor shoes – Skechers. Did you know Skechers is the only brand name here in my part of Vancouver Island that does not go on sale? So in case you haven’t guest it yet, the cost of all of this is the bitter part of September, watching my boy walk on the School bus is the sweet part. It is too bad for him that he will be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the next month, but at the end it is worth it.

I know some of you are wondering why the brand names. They were bought not to make him look good, I want him to look good, but more so for the fact that good quality brands last much longer then the cheap counter parts. I remember in grade one, I went through 3 pairs of running shoes, two back-packs, the list goes on. So at the end I have ended up spending the same amount of money from having to replace every thing. It just made more sence to spend my money on better quality. I know my pocket book will thank me latter.

No comments: