Friday, July 10, 2009

DayCare........

Well it is official. Day Care is very hard to find. I knew it would be a long drawn out battle. But I never thought it would be this bad. The last time I had Daycare was with my son when he was four. That was 5 1/2 years ago, and all I had to do was walk in to any Daycare and register him up. That was it, it was done. But this time round, a different story. I was on the phone with a Daycare located in Langford and she would of been perfect. But there were a few of problems:

1. I would need to put my little one in Preschool on top of Daycare ($700.00 a month maybe more on my part. My daughter's Daycare would of paid for her child's Preschool!)

2. It was her doing the interview to see if my daughter was a good fit, not me doing the interview. (However, she was very happy to hear that I am from the Health and Human Service Industry. The second strongest industry here on the island other then Government that has not really been affected by this rescission.)

3. Her doors didn't open until 7:30 a.m. I need 6:00 am.

I have talked to many different daycare'a and it all seems the same. They are in the position to pick and choose what child they want. And if their are no spaces available, you are on a waiting list.

I will try again next week, but if I can't find anything out there, not even partime.... I would really, really need to rethink my gameplan.

As you can see, I am becoming frustaited with Daycare.

3 comments:

Thomasso said...

Hey, you thought of hiring Super Turtle as a live in?

..no you can't throw the shoe over to the mainland, I'm to far away!

JM said...

Darn! To bad we don't have face book accounts. I heard they have a great poke feature in the program where a person can continuously poke a person in cyberSpace. That would be so fun right now.

Thomasso said...

Yeah, Cyber Space sucks that way.

*smerk*