Monday, July 13, 2009

We are bored to tears.....

I had heard somewhere that television rots the mind. And for the most part, I can truly the see the logic in it. My son came home from school not to long ago before the start of Summer Vacation with a Contract that he was going to be out side for 2 or more hours a day and have one day out of the week that was to be a no T.V. day. Just a day to read books, do puzzles, open up the dusty toy box and play with some of the old toys that he hasn't touched in so long. But when that contract was signed, it was done so with the knowledge that we will have T.V., it was done so with knowledge that there will be other children to play with. It was done so with the knowledge that mom will have wheels to transport him to and from the swimming pool and where else a 9 1/2 needs to go.

Well we are into the third week of Summer Vacation and we have lost the T.V. (I refuse to pay for cable!) All of the friends have gone on holidays or gone to dad's or back to their mom's house. And worst of all I have no means of transportation. (My car decided to leek coolant everywhere I go and that is bad for the environment.) Just has he was getting used to mom (me) having my own car again - it falls apart and is out of commission until next week-end.

We are bored to tears. You never know what you had until it is gone. We are missing the T.V., We are missing the car and we are missing the friends. It is going to be a very, very, very long week.

No comments: