Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today is Interview Day.......

Here I am. My house is quiet because the kids are still sleeping. Makes me wonder why I had started sleeping in with them. I forgot how peaceful it is to have a shower with out someone needing something. It is so nice.

Anyways, I am slowly getting ready for my interview today at 11.00 a.m. with a cute little Care Home downtown Victoria. I have all the documents that I need all lined up. They are my TB test results (Tuberculosis), My Criminal Record Check, My Basic First Aid Certificate. My Graduate Reference letter from my last teacher, the only thing missing is my actual RCA Certificate. The College won’t give it up until they see the rest of my tuition. This is really quite fair because I was told that this would happen at the very beginning of the course 11 months ago when I decided not to take a student loan and go with a payment plan with the college. The tuition would have been paid in full by now if it wasn’t for the dame recession.

On a bright note, I have been invited for an interview VIHA, (The Island Health Authority). All I have to do is arrange the time…………


*****************

I just got back from the interview and I think it went well. This was not the typical interview where you sit in front of someone’s desk and you converse back and forth. This interview was rather fun. It was a group interview between 7 hopefuls and 3 heads of staff. (Head RCA, Head Dietitian and the Director of the Care Home.) The interview lasted 30 minutes. We all were asked 12 questions by Director and after the questions were given, we were then asked one by one at random order our individual response to the questions. One question - What is the first thing you do in the morning to start your day. Another question was to follow instructions in drawing a small diagram and then tell what you see. And then there were the more serious questions regarding confect resolution and how you would deal with it.

At the end of the interview it was explained to us as a group the reason for doing the interview this way was to see how we interacted with each other. To see who would lend an extra pen out, who was more vocal, extra, extra, and extra. I liked it.

I will find out if I get a job next week. They have one more group coming in at 2:00 to day.

See we will see.

No comments: