Saturday, August 2, 2008

Death of a DVD

Today is sad day. My “Finding Nemo” DVD has gone to DVD heaven. It is scratched and smudged beyond recognition, and my only regret is that I never made a back-up copy for this unforeseeable tragedy. My daughter is horrified that her beloved Orange Fishy is broken and my son is jumping with joy with the knowledge that he will never have to watch “Finding Nemo” again. I have never seen him so happy to see the fish dead. What am I to do!!!

Don’t get me wrong here, the “Finding Nemo” DVD, had a long and fruitful life in my house hold. I bought the DVD in 2003 when it first came out and it was a great investment. For 6 years Finding Nemo had always found it self in my DVD player entertaining my children. First with my son when he was small, he played it over and over and over again. Other people’s children, long car rides with our travel DVD player. And now for my 2 year old, who doesn’t understand that she may never see “Finding Nemo” again. Other DVD’s came and went but “Finding Nemo” had always came back. It will be missed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got your comments on! It works! Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

JUM , You Could Get A New DVD Of Nemo

JM said...

To Anonymous: Working on that:-)

Anonymous said...

There Are More Cartoon Movies .That Can Do Both Amuse One Kid And Annoy The Other.Superturtle Has Told This Pearl Of Wisdom

Anonymous said...

OMG! Super Turtle has spoken!

Julia--I think you should get the re-runs of My Little Pony (seasons 1-3)--that should fix your daughter's DVD Delight for hours and hours. I remember that was your favourite back in the Olden Days (pre-DVD era)... ;)

JM said...

Don't worry everyone, the DVD gods have smiled upon me. Within the origanal DVD case was an other disk and behold it was a Finding Nemo in full screen format. The one we watched and played to death was wide screen. Baby is going to be happy and Small "D" will scream at me and tell me to buy her a T.V. for her room! He can't stand the orange fish anymore.

Anonymous said...

Do Not Be Suprised When Little Ponies From The Past Arrive From Superturtle, After Resting From All Of Your Viewing