Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Long Weekend

I just finished looking at the long term weather forecast for the Sooke aria, and all I can say that it is going to be HOT. Yesterday was 26, today is 28 and tomorrow it is going to be a whopping 30!!!! I am going to melt…….

I am going camping this weekend, and all of my hopes for a campfire are slowly slipping away. It looks like we are going to bring our ‘not so little’ butane heater for artificial fire and some warmth. Darn!!!

Now that the weather is out of the way and my droning about my foreseen lackage of campfire is over and done with, let’s continue on with my long weekend.

I had a good long weekend. My children and I got to spend 2 days in row with their father. Now why am I making a big deal about this, because this hardly ever happens! He is a work-a-holic. His favorite saying is “If I am working, I am not spending money” And this true with him – the man loves to shop!!! So we spend our two days doing repairs around the house and spent our afternoons at the river with the kids. And I have almost forgotten what a big kid my husband is. It was great. I am just sorry that these two days had gone by so fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superturtle Says, Remember Your Camera And Spare Clothes For The Youngin;s.And Most Important , Do: Forget Nemo. Enjoy Your Camping Trip.

Anonymous said...

Well at least you kids got out. I have one more week to bare before my fun starts. Damn homework....


All hail SuperTurtle's words! Find Nemo... Find Nemo!