Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Have I found a Career? Maybe..........

As I was driving home from work last night thinking about my job at the grocery store stocking shelves with light bulbs and toys, when it really hit me that this is what I would be doing for the rest of my adult life; needless to say that this made me feel…what is a good word here…..

For a few months now, one of my neighbors here at home has been on my case that I should do something with my self. And that I should look into providing health care. [I guess now is the time I should inform everyone that my neighbor is an RN (Registered Nurse) so I guess that you can say he is a recruiter of sorts.] He has informed me to the highest degree that there is a shortage here on Vancouver Island and that I should strongly consider doing looking into it. Anyways to make a long story short, he feels that I have a good disposition to provide this kind of work. So for some time I have been ‘kind of mulling’ this over.

So it would seem maybe by chance that the same time I have been thinking about how crappy my stupid part time job is and just thinking THAT maybe I should kind of look into what my wonderful neighbor has been telling me, when out of the blue on the car radio an add for Registered Home Care/Long Term Care Providers urgently needed… “For more info go to such and such a place brought to you from the government of British Columbia.” Isn’t that a coincidence or what?

I put the pedal to the metal and I did just that, I looked it up and I just found out that the course that my neighbor has been kind of pushing me towards is right in my price range. $525.00 for 28 weeks!!!! I was shocked!!!! I couldn’t believe it!!!! I was always under the impression that I would have to pay and least a couple of thousand for this kind of course. And to make things even better about this, the part-time hours at one of collages in Victoria fit my schedule – How about that!!!! I have scholarship that I have earned 4 ½ years ago that would pay for the majority of this course.

So I guess the only thing that I have to do now is to talk to the husband and children about this and convince them that MOMMY cannot be a “Stay at Home Mom” forever, and ever, and ever, and ever….. And that it is high time that MOMMY found a career.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who Has To Be Your Ginny Pig For Your Prickly Practice , Because Superturtle Has A Very Hard Shell.

JM said...

Anyone who is not shy in getting there diaper changed....

Anonymous said...

This sounds like Geriatrics, in which case you should get lots of work as the population is heading into retirement.

SuperTurtle and company should offer their services for you regarding the prickly practice. You'll be dealing with lots of "Hard Shelled" people....

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lololoololoool ;-D