Saturday, June 20, 2009

I am sore all over!

I am glad that today is a week-end. I am glad that I can give my body a brake and heel my self of my many aches and pains. I am glad that I can give my brain some down time, to slowly digest all the new skills that I have learnt and some time to create my battle plan for next for my next lot of residents.

For my last practicum, the college has me working at a long term care hospital. This is a different set up from where I was for my last two practicum's which were actual nursing homes. The major difference between the two are pretty obvious. The hospital looks like a hospital inside and out. It has Long corridors and and nursing stations in the middle of every section. (Even has that hospital smell!) The residents are in ward rooms, just like in a regular hospital. The big difference that I have found is that my residetns that I have are not old in old sence of the word old. My yongest is 30-40 years old. I beleave that she was acutally 6 years older then I am.

(I will be back - still working on this post)

No comments: