Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Is Summer Here Yet?

O.K - Summer is here, I get it...

I am not one for the hot weather but here it is "weather" I like it or not.
The down fall of hot weather is as follow's:

1. I have to shave

I would rather keep my winter coat

2. I now have a womenly abligation to have a suntan or burn, whatever comes first

Can't blind peope with my very white legs

3. Must spend money that I don't have for electricity to keep my fans going

Thank-you B.C Hydro for your new system

4. The kids are going to want to go to the river or water park

I am toooooo tired on the weekdays to make thier water dreams come true

5. I now must go shopping for freezies and suntan lotion (and sunburn remendies)

More money to spend

6. Muggy nights

Makes me a cranky person

I'm to hot to think of anything else.

Yup, Summer is here

2 comments:

Thomasso said...

No! You have had it so bad for the last six months that you will get at least one more week of super-hot weather complete with mid-day highs of 30C to make up for it. You will love it. You will enjoy it. You will crave for another month of it. You will worship the SUN and all its glory!

Plus, the Sooke River is not that bad this time of year anyway. *smile*

JM said...

I wouldn't go so far as Worshipping the sun. We have you to do that for us. It just "$%$$" awful riding the bus after working hard and smelling other people who had worked hard to. But you are right about the river. Swam in it yesterday after I got home and it was great!!!! The water was warm and the current is gone. But the blood sucking bugs were out in great numbers. (Guess I am going to have my Mother in Law, send down some bug repealent that is illegal in Canada with high levels of DEET.) *smile*