Sunday, June 7, 2009

Of all the things that I could do....Here I am.

Today is Sunday, and a lazy one at that. I almost have the whole house to my self. One kid gone with a friend to a lake for boating and tubing. My real big kid (my husband) is off playing with wood, nails and hammers building a deck and my younger one is happily watching a Sponge Bob on t.v. and eating hot dogs (that is where she will be for the next 45 minutes or so.) So it seems that I have some semi-alone time. And of all the things that I could be doing with my semi-alone time - lets say I could be having a bath, or I could be a good wife/mother and clean house or out side poking at my plants; here I am typing about pretty well about nothing. Oh wait, can't say that because I do have something to Blog about.

"PORTABLE URINALS"

In my younger years I loved to go out to the clubs. I would dance and drink and after the bars would close I would go to the closest food joint and have something to eat and then find a cab to take me home. But between the club and that fast food joint, I would need to pee. And after eating and before looking for that cab, I would need to pee. So why didn't I use the bathroom in the bar and at the food place? You see, I did, but one must understand that what goes in must come out. And if you drink allot and then allot is going to come out, and to be honest with you, when there is an urge, you must heed nature's calling. I would find closest semi - private alleyway and go behind a dumpster and well, do my thing. But it seems that I was not alone in the duck and pee mission, their a lot more others doing the same thing. And when the sun rose the next day, the city of Victoria was smelling like an urinal. Yes, the city had a pee-pee problem.

I no longer live in the proximity of Victoria, so I don't go to the clubs anymore (I take my chances here in Sooke and go to the closest tree. We have lots of those and I am sure the trees don't mind.) So when I heard about the city heavily considering Portable Urinals that would be put out during the night, well I was pretty happy. Then it hit me, and hit me hard. What are us women going to use as we stagger on the streets while looking for that bite to eat or that cab home. We pee as much as men do, don't we? So why is just urinals and why not the hole damn toilet? And who was going to flip the bill for the urinals. Why should a female tax payer pay for something that we would not be able to use? Right? I am so peeved.

I have just read in the paper that the "PORTABLE URINALS" are working and the city is know thinking about permanent structures in the downtown core. The city no longer smells like a Porta-Potty the next dayandthe cost per "man" peeing in the urinal works out the same cost as buying a drink. Or so the city claims. But we still have a problem of the lady's in their tiny black dresses ducking and peeing in the alleyway behind the dumpster. What is the city going to do for you? Well Girls....Pee long and pee hard. Go in two's and three's, hell why not, go in groups of ten or more. Squat and and do your thing. We deserve something to pee in to, don't we?

There you have it, my thoughts on the portable urnials for Victoria. What a Crock.

1 comment:

Thomasso said...

This reminds of a movie I saw a couple years ago called, Bridge to Terabithia (2007), where the girls protest when one of the female bullies hogs the bathroom. The girls say, "Free the Pee!!!!!" in their protest.