Wednesday, October 29, 2008

College Student Now........

Wow!!!!

I almost forgot what my Blog looked liked. After being away from it for two and half weeks and just coming back to it now, I love my pumpkins more then ever. It is too bad that I am going to have to find a new skin somewhere to replace them in the next couple of days. (I guess I am going to have to fight with the kids for computer time)

I would like to say sorry for not posting an entry but my weeks have been very busy with School, family and other obligations that I have and it is just now that I my self and my family have found a good routine regarding the new changes around the house. The big change is that I am now a part time student at Camuson College. 3 nights a week I am at school. My classes start 3:30 in the afternoon and do not end until 9:30 at night. It takes me about 45 minutes to commute both ways from home to school.

My son is starting to get used to being by him self after school for an hour after gets off the school bus and my daughter getting used to the baby sitter, and my husband is getting a ride to work and back from one of his bosses. Small “D” my son, is still finding weird that when he comes home from school on the days that I don’t go, I am doing homework. So as you can see some big changes in my house.

Just to remind people what I am taking at college; I am doing the H/RCA course and will not be done with that until June of next year. Other words, I am going to be a Nurses Aid. After I am done my course, I am strongly considering doing the bridge course from H/RCA to LPN, but before I can do the jump from one course to another, I need to log 850 hours as a RCA or HCA.

OH!!!!! An interesting tid-bit that I have learnt from school, the age classification of what a young adult is in the health field has changed to 19 – 35 years of age. (Middle age is 35 – 65 years of age, the golden years is 65 and up) So you see I am still a young adult and therefore forgiven for being a late bloomer when it comes to postsecondary education. (A big smiley face here!!!!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... I think someone is getting a little paranoid about their age.. heheh.

Julia, enjoy the experience and meet new people because once work starts for you in your new career, then it all goes back to normal.

I wonder what the mighty SuperTurtle is up to these days? Have you heard any news lately?

JM said...

Havn't heard from Super Turtle.....

I am glad you are over the Flu, there are some nasty ones out there. I will be getting my Flu Shot free of charge through the college. The RN's in training need to practice giving out shots..heheheh. About the age thing, I am just glad I am still a young adult, I am currently rubbing it in to my soon to be lab partner she is, how to say it nicely, your age!!!