Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ya Hoo! No Power

As I wait for the fire wood guy to come and collect his money for 2 cords of wood, I minus well share with you my Friday night (yesterday). Every Friday in my house is what we call “Happy Friday” Happy it is. Friday is the day we let loose from all the stress of the other unhappy days and be thankful that they have come and gone. Friday is the day that I like to drink 1.5L of wine, anything over 1.5L is a waste of alcohol. My other half drinks what ever he wants. And we have a good time. We let the kids run loose and stay up late because it is their “Happy Friday” too.

Yesterday was a good night with a twist, we had company come over with their two kids and the power went out. Power outages in my nick of the woods are common like the common cold. We have so many trees around us that BC Hydro can’t keep up with the trimming of the branches to keep them off the power lines. We also live on a high crash road, especially when it is raining; having a car miss a turn and run into power poll is common, but more like the flu virus.

Our power outage last night was caused by an accident (I hope no one was hurt badly). But let me say this, the kids had a blast, running around with flash lights from one dark room the next. We sat around the fire place watching the fire, I had tealite’s going through out the house, and we had my other half play the piano to entertain us. Last night was truly a "Happy Friday" and will be remembered.

“Happy Friday”

Note: 11 days until school starts and next Friday will be my last "Happy Friday". I guess I should change it to "Happy Saturday"?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Do You Mean .It's A Waste ?

JM said...

1.5L is a lot of wine, anything more is waste if you pass out and let the fruit flies get at it, or if you don't remember drinking it, then that's a waste too. Hell of a hangover the next day if I go over 1.5L I like my hangovers to be well managable with a gallon of water and an Advil.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness that you had some cheap entertainment, (I mean nothing that cost you money) during the power outage.

Right now we are getting hit with a huge wind storm. Power has been flickering on and off now for the last hour. Wish I had a fireplace!

TTYL

JM said...

Sucks to be you right now. We had pounding rain with some wind all day today. But that is it for our little storm. You guys and the states are getting hit hard with this storm system.

P.S. We are loving the fire place. It's so warm and cozy.........