Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Am We.....

Being that the rainy season here on the Island has officially started today; I decided that it was a good day to tackle the forever growing pile of paper that lives beside my phone and other little piles that mushroomed up though out my house. Some of it important stuff that has to do with my school, bills that have been paid but never made there way to the shredder machine; but the majority of the paper is from my son’s school. I can always tell by the pretty colors that they use, pink, blue, light yellow, and for some reason mustard yellow has been the favorite choice so far.

As I systematically weeded through the pile papers, putting each topic in to its designated new pile, I came across sheets of paper that belongs to my son. I decided that I was going to take a small rest and see just what he had put on the paper. Most of it was drawings, mock spelling test that he and I have done together, but there was one that really caught my eye. It was folded up into quarters and well wrinkled. On the front it said “Circle yes or no if you like it” in my sons writing. Just to let you know right now that the yes was circled and in some other kids writing was the word “funny.” Being very interested in what was so funny I decided to open the paper. This was what was inside.

Say:
I Am We Todd It.
Sofa King We Todd It.

It took me a couple tries to figure it out - call me slow, and then it hit me like a bag of bricks! His father pulled the same joke on me awhile ago and my son must have been around to hear me say those words out load.

I am not up-set with my son for that; trust me it could have been much worse. But it just goes to show just how much children learn from the home.

3 comments:

Me, a single mother was wife now widow solo in this thing called a life said...

ha ha ha thats soooo funny
I wish i could have been there to see the look in your eye

Anonymous said...

Wow, Big D figured that one out?

JM said...

Ya, it was funny...

Of course I did't tell Little "D" that I found his note to his friend - that tell him that I am spying. Can't have that!! LOL.

And Tom - not bad for A guy who's English is his second language:-)) Hmmmm, it's been awhile scince I had heard him speak Russian.