Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NO MORE OF NO POWER BC HYDRO

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving week-end. Turkey Dinner at friend’s place where I got to meet some wonderfully funny people, having beers around a bond fire on a cold, crisp autumn night – should I mention most of those beers were birthday beers. Happy Birthday to two wonderful people – You know who you are. Cheers. A side from being sick with a hacking cough and a fever yesterday and today, my long weekend was a good..... **sniff - sniff**

The only problem that I have had so far with my long weekend was the power outages. BC Hydro all I have to say to you is @#$#$!! &^%%&!! And @#$#!! I have had 5 power outages in the last 9 days. It wouldn’t be so bad if I was out of power for an hour or less, but I am talking about outages that last for four to five hours at the most. And what gets me is none of the outages are storm related. My house hold woke up 5:30 this morning with no power. Made the call to BC Hydro and they were not aware of us having no power. Needless to say after waking up with no power, I fell a sleep on the couch and missed waking up my son to get him ready for the school bus. He missed the bus and I am sure he is thanking BC Hydro for NO POWER as I write this entry. Saturday over 300,000 people went with out power during their turkey dinner and countless other times before the long weekend with NO POWER! I am tired of NO POWER. I had an enough of NO POWER. I am up to eyes with NO POWER. I am tired of buying candles and tealites and more candles and tealites. No more of NO POWER!!!
**sniff** **cough**sniff**sniff***

I have vented and now I feel better. I am going back to my couch and have my tea with cough medicine and countless of other cold remedies to make my self feel better and count how many days it will be before the next power outage. I put my money in four days for the next one. What would you think? **sniff - sniff**
[Sorry Folks, I mean Sunday over 200,000. with out power while eating turkey dinner]
***sniff***cough**sniff**cough**cough**sniff**
Should I also say I am tired of being sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you got your fireplace. What more could you ask for?

Oh, did you vote?

Being sick is only a state mind. It's when you are spewing all over the place that it becomes sick.

JM said...

No I didn't vote. No way to get to the polling station.

Ya, I love my new fireplace. It has already paid it self off yesterday morning when we had no power. It was so cold out that morning that with out the fireplace I am not sure what we would of done for heat.

Anonymous said...

Hey Julia, when are you going to write some new stuff on your blog?