Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Food and Books....

Is it my imagination or has food prices actually gone up again? As I was doing my normal biweekly food shopping (for a family of four), I could not help but notice that the cost of food has gone up again. I was quite surprised to see that NN brand concentrate juice (a family pack of nine) had gone from being $ 6.48 to $6.99 to $7.39. There were a few other brands of juice that has gone up as well; Soy Milk has gone up as well, from $3.49 to $4.49 – or close to, but that happened awhile ago. There are a few other things that I have notice that changed price again; I just can’t remember what those items are at the moment. But has anyone noticed? Noticed at all?

Well today was a good day. My other half didn’t go to work again, so I had the car to myself. I scrambled enough money together to buy one Module for my course thinking that it was going to cost $150.00. Before I hopped in the car to drive into down town Victoria, I thought best that maybe it was a good idea to call ahead to the college book store to make sure that the book was available and as it turns out it was. All three books were available and I bought all three together for the price of $59.99. Curse that typo on course info that said the books were a $150.00 each. So I am set for Modules for this term. Couldn’t be happier then a kid in a candy store right now.

No comments: