Thursday, November 27, 2008

Birthday

Well today has been a day of trials and tribulations full of uncertainty for what may lay for the future. Driving home from class last night watching at the gas prices fall from municipality to the next, just dumb founded at how fast things are starting to become with our economy. I have always been the optimistic telling my self that this will never affect me and my family. Today this optimistic point of view may have just caught up with me. And it never ceases to amaze me that these hard times always fall on my children’s birthday. My daughter 2nd birthday was one to remember, that was day we lost our Hydro for 8 days because food was more important the heat. Today it my son’s 9th Birthday and layoffs were just announced were there father works. Today maybe the last day that he will work with this company.

Not that I am complaining about this, it has been a good run and this announcement was to be expected, but more towards Christmas. So now it is just a waiting game until I hear more news about this. But in the mean time…….

My son is having a great Birthday. He has been very excited about the idea that he has no school today, in his mind this best present ever. He did have the stress of parent/teacher interview and was told that he had to present for this one. He was nervous about this and so was I. Being the boy that he is, he has a hard time sitting still, he somewhat out spoken and he really loves his friends and as a result, he has had a lot of reminders about his performance. We thought that this was way he instructed to attend this conference. But as it may be – all the kids we told to come with their parents. Talk about relief. After the conference, his Birthday had just gotten better. The little guy got one C plus, five B’s and one A in math. There was letter grade missing and he feels that he is going to get an A in that class (Gym)….

His day is still not over, there is more to come….

So family member’s out place stay tuned.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday To Little D. We Called Last Night, But You Were Out. Superturtle , Dean

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day kid'o. Life only gets more expensive as you get older. =)

JM said...

Thanx you guys....We had a private B-day with him. We gave him his present, his very own keyboard
($300.00)So he can leave his fathers keyboard alone. He is back in music lessons and the teacher agreed that Dima is ready for royal conservitory lesson's.
Big D, didn't get layed off, but some good people did. Sad, I know. But we are going to take advantage of what we got. Baby is starting show some interest in music but I think she will be different it may be dance. She gets very excited when she sees dance on T.V., So that may be her direction. I have a sirprize Birthday party for small "D" tomorrow night. I have some of his friends comming over for a sleep over. I will make phone calls to grandma tomorrow night around 9-O-Clock ou

JM said...

Sorry for the "not finished" comment, I am on the laptop. Something wrong with the keyboard. You have to use it to understand. I will talk to everyone tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Still Waiting For Your Call.

Anonymous said...

Hey Julia, are you still alive over there?

...need to see an update here.plz :0

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. May Your Blog Respond Superturtle