Saturday, November 15, 2008

The School Gods Were Smiling!

I would never would of believed it if some one would walk up to me two years ago and tell me that I would have a favorite wall. I am not talking about the wall that I use as a shrine for my childrens art work, but the kind of wall that would make me feel nervous, scared, laugh and releived all at the same time. This wall has the name of the "The grade Wall." And this wall is the most popular wall in the Continuing Care Building. It is amazing how this wall will turn the most rounded person into a bowl of jelly. All who view this Great Wall will either hang thier heads down in shame or their backs against the wall with the look of asperation and thinking to them selves, thank God that is over and done with, NEXT!"
In order to get to my class room, I have to walk past this Wall. There is no avoiding this Wall. I don't want to walk past it and I do wish that the classroom is on the other side of the building or even on the first flour. This would make me so happy. But no, my class room is located infront of 'the wall.' I walk out of the classroom the wall greats me every single time.
Last night I walked past the Wall. I kept my head down avoiding eye contact with the wall. I did not want to see my student number on the wall. Because there will be the most dreaded number in the world marked beside my student number. I walked into the class room and I look at my class mates. Do theylook Happy? Do they look disappoined?
Has the marks been posted? I am sure I will find out. The teacher walks in the greating us with her famous Nurse smile. She has a peace of paper in her hands. Oh God, the marks!
"I have done marking your exams, would you like to know the range of the marks before I put them up on the wall? Of course we all want to know the Range!!! 19 to 30. I thnk to my self that 19 is mine. I know I needed to get 21 to pass. Dread fills up in in side. We all follow her with our eyes as she goes to the wall and hangs the paper with a thumbtack. We all watch her walk back into the class room. She gives us a look and smiles at us all and says quite happley "Do you want to know how you all did?" We all jump out of our chairs and make our way to the wall. We are all shoving and pushing each other like small school children to found our most secreat number. I find mine, I close my eyes and then open them. My back is aganst the wall. and I think to my self "Thank God, I am glad that is over and done with. NEXT!" I past my test with flying colours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh cool, maybe you can help me with this one,..... I like to see these flying colours? All mine seem to stick to whatever surface I find them on--very disappointing when you want them fly.

Keep up the good work. The hard work will pay off.

:)

JM said...

I just finished reading Doiane's blog when I did that post....I was inspired. Cheezy, I know.

The kids wouldn't let me fix it up, so you all got it with mistakes and all. I was taking to much computer time and super needed to be made.

I guess you don't get a "Grade Wall" do you? It is the mosted dreaded wall in my world right now!!

JM said...

PS. I also did the post on the labtop, and I swear there is something wrong with the keyboard....You have to use it to understand...

Anonymous said...

You mean Diane's blog: dianeoutloud,ca?

No, I would say that's not the least bit cheesy. She's a good writer, and I think she would be flattered that you would try to emulate her style. Imitation is the best form of flattery you know...

You would need to explain the "Grade Wall" concept a bit more. We probably have it where I am, but we would just call it something else?

JM said...

It is where your marks are posted after completing a course or exam. You may not have a wall being that you are doing university level school work. You guys may be to good for a wall. Just kidding. we have the option of getting our marks mailed to us or going on the internet to retriev the marks, but it is more fun to have a wall dedacated to the purpose.