Thursday, November 13, 2008

Part 2 - Being a Tad Stressed!!

So here is the continuation to my car key Saga. Yesterday was a brand new day and to my relief everything was open. I was able to make up 4 keys for the car. One I have, one I gave to a friend for safe keeping and the other key is located with the truck keys. And get this. I have already misplaced the 4th one. My daughter had a mild temper tantrum in the parking lot of the Nissan Dealer ship and that key went flying somewhere, could be in the car, I just don’t know. But that is all right. At least I have the other 3 keys and the key code to the car for when (and it is a matter of when) those keys go missing.

My car did not get towed and to a great deal of relief, the only horrible thing that happened as a result was I got a 20.00 ticket from the parking company in charge of the parking lot for failing to produce. Get this…. I was issued the ticket 15 minutes before I arrived to pick up the car. Could that be a higher power telling me something?

As a joke, I was given a key rope for the only key that I have for the car. If I was to be somewhat offended by this friendly joke, (construction worker mentality) I don’t know, but I was more then grateful for the gift, because it is a wonderful idea. And yes, yesterday I did wear my keys around my neck and this made me feel very reassured to the fact that I could fell them on my body. After going through what I did…I am sure you would to.

But as a result from all the stress (being yelled at) that came with losing my keys and the horrible sleep I got the night before (children not wanting to sleep until 2 a.m.). It would be somewhat of a miracle if I barely passed my exam yesterday for module 155. It was a very strange feeling to look at the questions and know that I know the answer but can’t quite formulate my thought process to think of the best way to answer it because I was to damn tired to concentrate.

So let this be a HUGE Lesson for me.

If I do poorly on this exam, I now that I better work real hard for the next one to keep my marks up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My neighbour has some little mitts for her kids with the sting connecting them together, I could buy some gloves, put the string on them along with your keys? That might work--you would never forget them....

You are lucky that you have nice parking lot attendants....

The Parking Nazis where I go would stock my vehicle and have it, first fined ($32.50) within the first fifteen minutes of the expiry time overlap, then have it towed after two hours if I have not moved it, then charge another $100.00 for the tow. Of course our parking fees ($4.00 per day) go to Translink who pays for transit, so the non-motorists can go to school too.

JM said...

Ya, it could of been a lot worse. I was half expecting a boot on the tire...or the car stripped down, being that it was most likely the only car in the parking lot. Just a good thing that I go to school in the better part of Victoria. But you never know, I heard those rich kids A.K.A the "Furtado Boys" (ya that's right Nelly Furtado's younger Brother apperantly has a small gang going on in this part of the city)have been known to cause some minor damage around the area - A Rumor going through the college. I am just very lucky that it could of been much worse.