Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Have a Cat and His Name Will be Wisers

Well I should be doing homework and I should be doing house work, but I think I have had too much coffee so far today….I need talk about my newest addition to my family. After long conversations for the past couple of years over this one topic with my family members, I have gotten a cat. A very cute, stinky, keep me up in the middle of the night, cat. And we have decided that his name should be Wisers, yes that is right, named after Canadian Whisky. This name suits him because even thou he is a long domestic longhair Tabby, the colour of the Brown in him looks like the colour of whisky. So there you have it.

Wisers was found as a stray by my friends’ mother-in-law who works at our CASA building here in the village (downtown Sooke), this building is where Family Services is located and other wonderful organization to help families grow. She has noticed that the cat was hanging around for a couple of weeks and my friend (the daughter-in-law) had fallen in love with him. So she took him home. However, she as already has 5 other cats. She knew that I had wanted one and asked if we wanted him. So know I have a cat.

I took the cat to the vet and found out this cat is around 5-6 years old. He has been given a clean bill of health. As a precaution the cat has been vaccinated for the feline HIV and other stuff, but he still needs to have the Rabbeis and Dysfunction? (I believe it is called.) He was already neutered so that’s a bonus. I had the kids with me this morning before taking the older one to school and the vet decided to give the cat a Birthday for the children, so the cats B-day is March 1, 2002.

Also a little other tid bit about the name, my friends son has named the cat BudWeiser after his dad’s favorite Beer. I liked the name before I met the cat, but as soon as I have seen him….Wisers was the perfect name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do You Mean Distemper?

JM said...

Yes!!!!! THAT'S WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR.

JM said...

Yes!!!!! THAT'S WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR.