Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Can You Say, Just a Tad Stressed!

When people are stressed out they do some dumb things such as, lets see here, forget important dates such as anniversaries, unable to sleep; I am sure you get the idea. When I get stressed out, I loose things, not just any type of thing, just only one thing and that thing just happens to be my keys. I have been doing this since for as long as I have been on my own, fresh from the home nest. Over the years I have learnt the importants of having spar keys of every kind. I have even learnt that the best for me is have a separate key ring for the house and a separate key ring for the car, this way I don’t loose both at the same time. But what happens when you loose the last set of keys that you have for the car. While I just found out.

As I was doing the 5 minute dash from parking lot to classroom I had dropped my car keys somewhere along the way. I didn’t realize until I got to the classroom that my keys were gone. During my first class, I was unable set still. I went through my pockets and my school bag. Looked in the women’s washroom countless of times. Heck, I even done the gross, I dug through garbage bins looking for my keys in the women’s washroom. (Big washroom - 7 stalls, 5 garbage bins) I have talked with campus security, campus general services and the library. No keys. Second class, I realized that my keys are gone; gone where all lost keys go to live out the rest of their key lives, never to be seen again.

It is after my second class (my last class for the night) things get interesting. After calling home and finding out the Nissan dealer ship phone number for my area (they have someone in the office after hours for road side assistance) I was told that I would have to wait until tomorrow and someone from parts would call back in the morning. Perfect I thought, Deal with everything then. Get a good night sleep and everything will work out. So with some peace of mind, I locate a bus schedule and slowly make my way back to Sooke – 3 bus transfers and 2 hours later.

Well today is tomorrow and today just happens to be a holiday. Everything is closed. No phone call from the dealer ship. Can’t get a hold of the parking lot company to let them know why the car is still there. The only thing that I can do today is talk with Nissan international and find out how I can get keys made with out a set available to me or parts. I was told I need to speak with the original dealership - located in Calgary and ask for the Key code.
And from there the Saga continues………….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad To Here, Your Getting Good Marks. Just So Tom Doesn't Get A Complex About Being The Only Higher Schooling In the Family. PS Do We Have To Send You A Dog Lease For Your Kevs .

Anonymous said...

OMG---That's bloody awful! I always keep a spare set close by. Those little magnet hide-a-key boxes work real good for me, although I have never lost mine--but it's insurance nonetheless.

You'll have your multi tasking skills fully developed soon. You thought parenting would make you a master in that department--the real masters are made in here. Hang in there!

JM said...

Thanx Super Turtle.. Some one beat you to the punch on that one. Thanx Tom.. I am doing my best.. I just finished the last of my assignments to hand in tomorrow. What a huge relief. Now I am getting into the netty gretty of the course. Learning what is not normal for ageing. I am already looking into course requirments for the LPN course. Interesting tell you I:-) (sorry, watched starwars with the kids a couple of days ago.)